THINGS TO SEE AND DO
The cottage lays on the stunning loch awe, within Argyll and Bute. There are so many things to see and do and places to visit. Hopefully the information below may help to inspire you on your holiday at the cottage.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS TO SEE PHOTOS, DIRECTIONS AND MORE INFORMATION
Kilchurn castle is a ruined 15th and 17th century structure on a rocky peninsula at the North Eastern end of Loch Awe. It is a stunning ruined castle in beautiful surroundings"
|Carnassarie castle is a ruined 16th century tower house, near Kilmartin. It features some beautiful details such as a the remainders of kitchens, and a cellar and well.
Gylen Castle - (40.5 miles)
- Dunstaffnage Castle (38.6 miles)
- Dunollie Castle (40.5 miles)
- Kilmartin Glen (Chambered cairns, standing stones and circles, intriguing cup and ring markings on rocks)
- Achnabreck (Kilmartin Glen, Prehistoric rock art - Cup and Ring markings)
- Dunadd Fort (Kilmartin Glen, well preserved hill fort)
- Glen Orchy (Dalmally, 22 miles) - Glen Orchy
- Glen Coe (60.2 miles) - Glen Coe
- Glen Kinglass, Butter Bridge - Glen Kinglass, Butter Bridge
- Kerrera Island (oban) - Kererra
- Crinan Canal (18.6 miles)
- The Rest and Be Thankful - The Rest and Be Thankful
- Craobh Haven - Craobh Haven
- Just this year 2015 my daughter and myself have visited the Kings House Hotel, lunch and refreshments in the Walkers/Hikers room round the back, beautiful hand made tables and chairs like something out of Tolkein's the Hobbit... We advise taking a bag of bread, as, as soonn as you park your car in the car park the deer will run towards you to be hand fed. A very memorable day.
- Sea Life centre
- Cruachan Power Station
- Inveraray Castle and Inveraray Jail - Inveraray